It's winter in Brazil, but that didn't dampen the spirits of hundreds of attendees who gathered in Foz de Iguazu, famous for the spectacular Iguazu Falls, for the LIMRA/LOMA 2013 Latin American Conference August 25th-27th. Former two-term President of Brazil, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, was one of those attendees.
This year, for the first time in the conference's history, participants were invited to access a conference portal on their iPads and iPhones. The portal neatly organized and displayed session agendas, speaker bios and materials, available in Portuguese, Spanish and English. Attendees could easily tap into a specific session, access everything digitally, and even take notes and annotate the materials. Some rejoiced at having offline access to the materials, since free Wi-Fi wasn't available.
A week earlier, at the Canadian Society of Corporate Secretaries Conference (CSCS) in beautiful Halifax Nova Scotia, something similar happened. Attendees received complimentary access to a conference portal on their iPads and iPhones to view session materials and speaker presentations.
These conference portals were set up using BoardVantage MeetX. The attendees simply downloaded MeetX app from iTunes to view and interact with the conference materials.
We are pleased by MeetX's versatile use in a conference setting. After all, we designed MeetX for modern day's document collaboration and set out to deliver viewing experience, interactivity and control better than anything else out there. It only makes sense that MeetX is also being used for conferences.
We did the work to pack MeetX with features and processes, so setting up and interacting with a conference portal can be breeze. Some of the highlights are:
- Branded experience - Event organizer can choose to have pervasive branding.
- Session Materials - Just upload and collate agendas, presentations, hand-outs, multi-media, ..whatever makes it rich and interactive.
- Audience note-taking - As attendee, annotate, highlight, and bookmark.
- Online or offline - When Wifi is spotty or not available, the offline mode keeps the engagement going. Even after the conference is over.
- Audience polling - Poll live or later. Receive the feedback you want.
- Announcements - Make last-minute changes, send updates and post breaking news.
So, next time you are in a conference, carrying around paperware like brochures, agendas, speaker materials, hand-outs, etc., maybe suggest to the organizers that they check out BoardVantage MeetX.
The age of the paperless conference has arrived!